We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
13140 N. Dale Mabry
Tampa, FL 33618
Phone: (813) 280-9970
Email: Send Message
Tues - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Orioles return and begin nesting in southern part of region. Get their feeders ready.
• Whip-poor-wills arrive in the first half of the month.
• Wintering sparrows begin to head north; the White-throated are usually the last to go.
• Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks arrive at inland breeding sites.
• Painted Buntings begin to arrive late in the month.
• Spring migration brings the American Redstart, Ovenbird, Indigo Bunting, Baltimore and Orchard Oriole, Red-eyed Vireo early in the month and the Yellow Warbler, Rose-breasted and Blue Grosbeak later.
• Mature male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks arrive about three days before the females. First year males usually arrive last.
• Indigo Buntings arrive.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
• Earth Day, April 22.