We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
13140 N. Dale Mabry
Tampa, FL 33618
Phone: (813) 280-9970
Email: Send Message
Tues - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Orioles return and begin nesting in the northern part of the region. Get feeders, nectar, fruit and jelly out early.
• Canada Geese goslings and Black-bellied Whistling-Duck, Wood Duck and Mallard ducklings hatch and venture forth early in the month.
• Peak of warbler migration away from the coast happens very early in the month.
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in the month.
• Grassland species on territory (buntings, Blue Grosbeaks, Dickcissels, Northern Bobwhite)
• Cedar Waxwings finally depart.
• Yellow-billed Cuckoo are late to arrive and the first to leave; some individuals will spend less than a month at their breeding territory.
• Chickadees and titmice become scarce at feeders as they nest and raise their young.
• Bluebirds: first brood fledges, second nesting attempt begins.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.