We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
13140 N. Dale Mabry
Tampa, FL 33618
Phone: (813) 280-9970
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Hummingbird numbers peak around Labor Day, then start to dwindle; huge numbers along Texas coast.
• Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and redwings) flocks can number in the thousands.
• Broadwings and other hawks pass through.
• Peak of Blue-winged Teal migration.
• First flickers and kinglets can appear by the end of this month - they love suet.
• Migration month! More birds are in the area now than any other month.
• American Goldfinch juveniles can be seen and heard harassing adults for food at feeders.
• Ruby-crowned Kinglets appear.
• First juncos and White-throated Sparrows can appear by the end of this month.
• Robins are in large flocks, feeding on crab apples.
• Peak migration for Bald Eagle and other raptors.
• House Wrens begin arriving in the southeast in late-September.